“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” -Matthew 25:40
The truth about fundraising………. my feeble human self gets very overwhelmed by it. I probably feel overwhelmed because I am relying on my own strength instead of my Father’s. I’m probably feeling overwhelmed because I’m thinking about my resources instead of His. I’m probably feeling overwhelmed because instead of praying and trusting God I take matters into my own hands and refuse to trust in His provisions and goodness.
Fundraising can be difficult, but it is worth it so that I may be able to continue to live in Haiti from January 2019- July 2019. I am serving in Haiti as a special education teacher at an orphanage caring for 41 children. When I am not teaching I also serve as a mentor and big sister to all of the kids. I work 24/7 but I wouldn’t give up this opportunity and experience for anything. This season of life is challenging but the best challenges produce the most fruit.
When you choose to sponsor me and support me you are aiding me in living in Haiti so that I can teach, and love, and mentor, and discipline, and care for those 41 sweet little smiles. Your sponsorship allows me to continue my work in Haiti as I love others in Jesus’ name and make His name known. In doing so we are showing others that we all are seen, and known, and loved, and coheirs with Christ.
Several ways that you can currently support the mission work that I do in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti:
- Come to Parent’s Night Out at Hope Community Church in Shelby, NC December 14th. The Parent’s Night Out begins at 5:00 and ends at 8:30. This is an event where you can drop your kids off for a night out for yourself. Myself and six other adults will be watching the children. The kids will make a Christmas craft, play games, eat pizza, and watch a movie. It’s a great opportunity to have a night out and to allow your children to make new friends in a safe environment. The cost is $20 for one child and $15 per child for multiple children. For more information and to sign up click on this link!
- Buy a perfect stocking stuffer this holiday season, a Krispy Kreme BOGO card from me. With the Buy One Get One card you are receiving 10 FREE boxes of a dozen doughnuts with each purchase of a dozen doughnuts. Each card is $20 and a portion of the proceeds will help me continue to do work in Haiti as I educate and help develop children who are living within extreme poverty, untraditional families, and with various emotional vulnerabilities. You can purchase a card by sending an email to me!
- Check out my handmade jewelry here! I spend time when I am home from Haiti making bracelets and earrings as a way to raise funds so that I may be able to live in Haiti. You can send me a message if you are interested in one of the pieces or you can come to Hope Community Church at the Upper Cleveland Location (Burns Middle School) on December 30th at 10:30am. I will be setting up a table to sell my hand made goods!
- Check out teespring.com to find some great merchandise. There are a variety of shirts and sweatshirts that are for sale. A portion of the proceeds go to support the mission work that I am doing in Haiti.
- Pray for me, the children and people I work with, the country of Haiti, and share this blog post! Also watch a video I made about the work that I do and how your sponsorship supports me here!!
“God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.” -Hebrews 6:10